- Are morbidly obese;
- Have a BMI above 30 and have failed to lose weight with a lifestyle program; or
- Have a BMI above 27 and have risk factors already present.
Weight loss drugs can be classified into 3 broad categories:
- Drugs that decrease food intake;
- Drugs that alter the metabolism of food; and
- Drugs that increase thermogenesis.
For more information, see Weight Loss Drugs.
All content and media on the HealthEngine Blog is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services immediately.